It’s been a week of recovery for me after crashing out on the final lap of a race last weekend. I got away with some tasty cuts and bruises but luckily no broken bones. The bike also escaped serious damage and I have to give a shout out to Lky7Sports for doing a great job on the repair. Now that I’ve got the bike back I’m impatient to start training and racing again asap.
As well as this, my 500w tungsten photography bulb decided to blow last weekend so the only bit of cooking I documented this week were these almond energy bars (which you should definitely check out btw because they’re so good and only take 5 minutes to make).
I’ve used the extra time while not cooking or training this week to write a few blog posts. If you haven’t checked them out yet they are:
- 10 Reasons why I eat a Whole-Food Plant-Based (Vegan) Diet
- Where do Vegans get their Protein?
- Is Beer Vegan?
Next week Georgia and myself are off to Tuscany for 7 days. We’ll be staying on a farm 30 miles west of Florence. I’m looking forward to discovering what vegan food Florence has to offer and exploring what I’m expecting to be some beautiful Tuscany countryside. Look out for some Italian flavour coming to the blog very soon!
In the mean time, here’s what I’ve been reading this week:
- This vegan pre-school school in New Jersey.
- This guy who had a bit of a tough time going vegan for 30 days.
- Another reporter trying veganism for a month.
- A collection of vegan kid’s recipes from Vegan Richa.
- Georgia recently told me that coffee drinking was bad for my health, so I needed to find some health study that supported it. This will do nicely thanks.
- Someone talking sense about the preachy vegan thing for once!
- I need to make these vegan chicken tacos asap
- I’ve never been a Nutella person but this looks decent!
- I went through a Starbucks caramel frappuccino phase a couple of years ago so these vegan ones caught my eye.
- Some excellent looking green bean curry.
And here’s what I’ve been listening to in and out the kitchen:
Super Cat dancehall classics like:
Early Johnny Osbourne:
Baby-making Isley Brothers:
Jimi coming to America:
’95 Wu Tang head bangers:
And a band I’d never heard of:
Enjoy the week peeps!